Thursday, January 27, 2011

Prayer Changes Things

"Prayer causes things to happen."


That is the quote from John Piper that stuck with me one night last year after one's life group gathering. He went on to say that Prayer causes things to happen that would not happen if one did not pray. My prayer life at that point needed that boost.

Prayer causes things to happen -
I began to recognize that a little more, and started praying hard for my brother in law Dennis. Dennis is currently laid - off of work right now. I've been praying for him and his family for a long time, but now I took it to a whole new level. I think it was in November I started praying that he would take at least a temporary job to get them through the Thanksgiving holiday. That same week that I was praying my heart out for him I found out he had landed a temporary job. This was not just any job it was a job he enjoyed doing. Wow! I was on cloud nine. That project ran its course and then ended. Laid - off again.

As Christmas approached, I was asking God not to let them go through the Christmas time questioning if they would be able to have any Christmas for their own children.

This time I began to pray that God would give him a job before Christmas. Guess what? God not only game him one job, but He gave Dennis two. Both of them in the field that Dennis enjoys.

Prayer changes things!
The next time one has something to talk to God about remember, Prayer changes things. It does. Just ask Dennis.





3 comments:

  1. And he's STILL working...Dennis that is... and God is too:)!! I needed that reminder today! Thanks Josh...it means a lot! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how much that all means to me Josh. Thanks, and may God bless you with the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Josh!! Isn't God amazing in how He answers our prayers!! You've got a great handle on that!! Thanks for the encouragement and for the prayers for Dennis!!!!

    ReplyDelete