Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Teaching Your Kids To Worship

What are you doing as a parent to help your children begin and grow a friendship with Jesus?
My daughter took a big step in her friendship with Jesus recently by starting a personal worship time. It's been a big deal around our house, and she is very excited about it. I've been praying for Malia that she would have a passion for God. This is definitely a great step.

Another reason I love this is because it has created a daddy daughter moment that I would not trade for anything. We get to spend time together just us. It probably means more to me then it does to her but that is okay.

The tool we are using is called "Devotions for Girls." It's for girls 6-9 years old. There are a lot of options out there, but this is what we decided to go with right now.

Remember parents, it's our job to help our kids begin and grow a friendship with Jesus. Don't leave it up to anybody else. You'll be disappointed if you do.

1 comment: