Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Worst Call Of All Time

The worst call of all time. That is what Yahoo Sports is calling that play. I would totally agree with them on that one. I had a friend ask "do you think some bad calls would have made up nine runs?" The Yankees would have won that game anyway. They clearly have outplayed the Angels this whole series. The problem is not the nine runs. The fact is they have been blowing easy calls all series long. This is the ALCS, no room for missing easy calls. 
My question is, why didn't Mike socia get more heated with the umpire? I would have. I guess that's why he's managing and I'm not.


Here is what Tim McClelland had to say after the game.
"On the play with Cano and Posada, I thought Cano was on the base. I was waiting for two players to be on the base, and when there was never the situation where both of them were on the base at the same time. When he tagged Cano, I thought Cano was on the base, and when Jorge touched the base and continued and tagged Posada out, I thought Posada was out ...
"(The replay) showed that Cano was off the bag when he was tagged. I did not see that for whatever reason ... I'm just out there trying to do my job and do it the best I can."


It really had to hurt when they showed the replay seconds later on the big screen for the whole world to see. Ouch! I bet that left a mark. 
I Love This Game!!


No comments:

Post a Comment