Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chicago White Sox Year in Review

I had a chance the other other day to interview the greatest Sox fan on the planet about the 2009 White Sox season. Here are some of his thoughts regarding the season.

Innovativekoehler:
If you were to pick out the greatest moment of the whole season what would it be?
Josh:
I would have to say without a doubt it was the Mark Buehrle no hitter. Not only did he pitch a perfect game, but I also saw the greatest catch I have ever seen.
Sports Videos, News, Blogs
Innovativekoehler:
What would be some words that would describe this season for you?
Josh:
Disappointing, under achieved, surprising and aggravating.
Innovativekoehler:
Most beneficial trade Kenny Williams pulled off this year?
Josh:
It was the Mark Kotsay deal. As far as contributing to the team the quickest it was definitely him. I loved the Jake Peavy deal, but we did not see much of him this year.
Innovativekoehler:
Favorite rookie on the Sox?
Josh:
I would have to say Gordon Beckham. Jason Nix and Chris Getz did a great job, but Gordon Beckham stands all on his own. He is a franchise player.
Innovativekoehler:
Is he rookie of the year material?
Josh:
I think he will win it this year. He was able to put up all those great numbers and was not even with the team the whole year. He also played a new position for the first time.
InnovativeKoehler:
Who would be your favorite free agent signing?
Josh:
My pick is Scott Podsednik. That guy had an outstanding year. No one dreamed he would be the player he turned out to be. Ozzie has come out and said he wants him back next year. The Sox were desperately looking for a lead off guy and I think they got it.
Innovativekoehler:
Who in your mind had an above average season?
Josh:
A.J. Pierzynsky had an unbelievable year. He is a player. He did a great job with his pitching staff, and he had a great offensive year. Scott Podsednik had a great offensive year as well. He also collected 30 stolen bases. Gordon Beckham for his rookie year came out smoking. Mark Kotsay coming off the bench was phenomenal.  How about Matt Thornton. He was impressive all year long. When Bobby went down he jumped right in the closer roll and did it well.
Innovativekoehler:
Who would you say had a disappointing year?
Josh:
After the All-Star break Jermaine Dye was terrible. Bobby Jenks did not quite have it this season. Carlos Quentin, with his injuries, was not able to perform at the level he is capable of. Scott Linebrink was not good. Not sure if he fits in with the team next year. There are others, but I will leave it at that.
Innovativekoehler:
Any last words in regards to the 2009 White Sox season?
Josh:
I love the White Sox, and I love baseball. The experiences I had this year at US Cellular Field were amazing. Watching and listening to the "Hawk" Ken Harrelson and the "Stone Pony" Steve Stone was a delight. I would watch them win or lose. I do prefer them winning. I love Kenny Williams and who he has brought to the team. Ozzie Gullien is still my favorite player on the Sox. He is a great manager. Looking forward to the improvements the Sox will make heading into the 2010 season. I will be cheering for them all the way. Go Sox!!

 

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest interview...creative...I like it. I think your next interview should be the "most fun" pastor on the planet.

    ReplyDelete