Here is a little recap from his talk on Ephesians 2 - You Are Made Alive.
- Regeneration - is an act of God by which He imparts divine life into the dead hearts of human beings.
- Many of us have a hunger to hear from God not from man.
- I'm not into wet t-shirts and bad hair baptism.
- The local church is the hope of the world.
- Everybody is unresponsive to God.
- What happens if we stay unresponsive? (Eph. 2:2-3)
- You were dead (unresponsive) in your transgressions and sins.
- Have you been regenerated?
- Have you ever been in a nightmare moment and think how did I get here?
- Alive to the relationship.
- God is loaded up with mercy.
- He has mercy to burn.
- Doctrine of the trinity is cool.
- God used the same resurrection power to bring you from unresponsive to alive to God.
- Dead to God people say - tv evangelists are weird - so do people who are alive to God!
- People who are dead to God spend most of the time calling fouls on God.
What I really like about Willow Creek is, they don't just talk about being the hope of the world they are doing it!