Friday, January 10, 2014

Built To Amaze

Opening first lines are very crucial to any act. They are what decide for you if your going to keep watching or not. Never discount the impact of an opening line. 
Here are a few good ones.


  • It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. (A Tale Of Two Cities)
  • I don't want to be a product of my environment,  I want my environment to be a product of me.  (The Departed)
  • As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster, (The Goodfellas)
Let's ad this one to this list of all time great opening lines. 
Ladies and gentlemen children of all ages welcome to the "Greatest Show On Earth." 

That is the opening phrase that the ring master at Barnum and Bailey uses to start every show! 


Surprise and wonder delights audiences with over the top feats of strength, agility and courage. As the momentum builds so does the anticipation, anything can happen when Ringling Bros presented Built To Amaze!
This is one of our families favorite holiday traditions. Each year It's better and better, and this year was simply AMAZING!

As I was reflecting on this, my leadership moment came as I began thinking about all all the TEAMS that are a part of this show. This show would not be anything great without each TEAM doing it's job and working well together. 

Helen Keller said that "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much."
It's not only true for the circus it's true for every TEAM that you and I lead and are a part of. 


Thanksgiving Circus 2-Medium from josh koehler on Vimeo.






No comments:

Post a Comment