How many of you have ever ordered any exercise equipment from an infomercial?
They do a good job of helping us see just how much we need this equipment.
It seems like it’s more than just our bodies that need some work to get into shape.
Studies show that today’s families are not in great shape spiritually.
Last Sunday I had the chance to share the strategies in God's fitness plan that will
help families get into great shape.
Here is a little recap of my talk.
I. If you want your family to be in great shape, you’ve got to do some strength training.
- Parents need to strengthen their own spiritual muscles if they want to be effective at
training their children.
II. If you want your family to be in great shape, you’ve also got to do cardio.
- The Bible says we need to be into endurance training. (Heb. 12:1-3)
III. If you want your family to be in great shape, you’ve got to eat right.
- You’ve got to be feeding your family on the Word of God.
1. Evaluate your family’s spiritual fitness.
2. Begin doing some strength training.
3. Getting in shape is a process, you won’t see results overnight.
4. Keep your family in great shape with a healthy diet from God’s Word.
We're all part of a family, and God wants us to experience the success and unity that
families should have.
I love every opportunity I get to speak to adults about the family. It's a BIG deal.