Friday, September 23, 2011

How to have a volunteering spirit

This is my son Dawson at one of the work nights we had for our summer experience for preschool and elementary students back in June. I love this picture. I believe it tells a story of what families need to do to instill that volunteering spirit in their children. Start them while they are young.  I have found it's much harder to get adults to volunteer if they have not done much of it while they were growing up. It's not natural to them. I have discovered however that the more they do it growing up the more likely they are keep doing it when they get older.

It could be something around the house, in your church or in your community. Start instilling  that servants attitude while they are young. They will be better people because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment